Friday, March 12, 2010

The One Month Check Up

Photobucket


Dear Story,

A visit to your pediatrician today yielded the following observations:

  • You now weighs in at 9lbs. 13oz. (an amazing leap from your birth weight of 7lbs. 8 oz. and yet more evidence that my breasts are magnificent).
  • Apparently the cold metal of a hospital scale induces urination.
  • You are now 22 inches in length, growing two inches in one month (making you almost as tall as me).
  • Grunting is normal - you are not part wildabeast.
  • Sleeping in the car seat must stop unless we plan to allow it through Kindergarten.
  • It's normal for you to spit-up five times in a row at least three times a day (as long as there is no fever).
  • You are good with shots but bad with band-aid removal.

It's funny how a good visit with the pediatrician can make my entire day. I am so proud that you are eating well and growing strong. While I wish I could keep you small forever, I secretly enjoy fattening you up. Can't wait to see where you weigh in next month!

xoxo,

Mom

1 comment:

rachel said...

Story is a cutie! I know what you mean about watching them grow. I love to see how big Charlie is getting, but it makes me sad that he'll never be a wee baby anymore! xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails