Dear Ms. Story,
Time for a little update on all your weekly accomplishments.
- This week, you rolled over from your belly to your back, causing your parents to squeal with delight.
- You smiled. Of course, I still can't confirm if the smile is indicative of joy or just pooping in your pants. I imagine that both possibilities could make one very happy.
- This week you slept in your bed. One night, you slept six whole hours in a row. Unfortunately, I couldn't enjoy it because I woke up every 30 minutes to check and see if you were breathing. Even though my breasts ached, I was elated by your accomplishment. But then you wouldn't go back to sleep and broke into a major crying fit that turned your face purple and drew actual liquid from your tender tear ducts.
- Daddy and I both learned the value of a vibrating chair swing.
- Mommy finally learned to swaddle you and got you to start waiting four hours between meals.
- Daddy and I took you on lots of long walks. Sometimes in the stroller and sometimes in the ErgoBaby. You loved the feeling of fresh air, wore your first dress and had your first picnic in the park.
- You met lots of new people this week, as your parents slowly emerged from their isolation.
- You grew rounder in the face, cuter by the minute and more and more loveable, as if that was even possible.
My little lady, just when I think I have you figured out, you go and switch things up on me. But I'm learning how to keep up with you and I haven't lost my passion for the challenge. I can't wait to see what you do this week!
xoxo - Mom