Hello again. I know it’s been awhile. The truth is that 2009 was one of the most eventful years of my life and it pretty much paralyzed my candid writing. There was just so much to say that when I sat down to write, I had no idea where to begin. So here are the 2009 highlights in bulleted format and chronological order.
- Started a collaborative blog called One Fine Philly.
- Helped live-in boyfriend apply to business school.
- Visited Palm Springs and San Francisco with my boyfriend.
- Survived a brutal two month break-up with my boyfriend without acting out, sleeping with said boyfriends friends, or writing vicious blogs about him to share on my personal web-site.
- After much self-searching, buckets of tears, three haircuts and general mourning, pulled myself together and started to get my groove back.
- After much work and wooing on the ex-boyfriends part, including surprising me with a cruise to the Caribbean, we got back together.
- Boyfriend, after a late night showing of Star Trek at the Cherry Hill Mall, leaped off balcony in effort to impress BFF, consequently breaking foot in three places.
- Boyfriend moved back in to our apartment for 24 hour nursing care, surprisingly not resulting in homicide.
- Within 72 hours, unbeknownst to me at the time, I was impregnated.
- A summer of love, blogging, bliss and crutches, culminated in the discovery that I am pregnant.
- Boyfriend convinced me that he could hobble his way through a trip to Manhattan and whisked me to Soho for a day of shopping.
- On a typical visit to the Kidrobot store, I saw a peculiar display near the cash wrap that included two custom toys and a little sign that said “Will you marry me?”
- Boyfriend lay his broken foot on the floor, dropped to one knee, pulled a box from his pocket, and said the following, "You are my sparkle. I love you so much and I never want to let you go. Will you marry me?"
- I forgot to say yes, but I think he knew the answer.
- We celebrated our engagement with a trip to the Berkshires where my fiancé got a phone call from UCLA informing him that he has been accepted to Anderson Business School!
- We deferred to Fall 2010.
- We decided to get married immediately and I had 60 days to plan a wedding for 100 guests on a $10,000 budget.
- August 5th, I wrote my final blog post for 2008.
- We got married on September 26, 2009, and danced the night away with our guests at the same venue we first met - September 26, 2006.
- My husband officially moved me out of my Manhattan apartment on November 1st.
- We took a month to travel to Tulsa, Seattle and Los Angeles, arriving back in Philly on December 2nd.
- Celebrated our first married Christmas in Virginia and our first married New Years in front of a blazing fire in our living room.
- 2010, here we come!
So, as you can see, it’s been a very busy year. And a year that revolved mostly around two people. 2009 was our love story, and 2010 will be an even deeper love story. One that includes a third party
Here is a taste of what I have to look forward to - A birth, the dramz of breastfeeding and diaper changes, a move to LA, a new J-O-B, re-acclimation to driving a car, a hubby in business school, and my entry into the world of mommy blogging. 2009 left too many important moments unrecorded, and I intend for that to change in 2010.
I have 26 days until D-day and I plan to challenge myself to write daily until the big day arrives. Please place your bets now on which day I will stop blogging. My bet is on Day 31, 2:00 PM, I will labor for about thirty minutes and she will weigh in at five pounds, sliding out when I cough. What do you think?