Saturday, August 01, 2009

Engaged!



Hello! I know it's been awhile. I must admit, I've been a bit distracted. You see, after three years together, my former boyfriend got down on one knee and made me his fiance.

Here are his top ten moments of engagement day:
  1. He invited me to Manhattan for the day and told me on the way up that we would be staying overnight.
  2. Took me to Anthropologie to buy me this dress for Sunday brunch.
  3. Acquiesced when I begged to stop off at the Kidrobot store on Prince street.
  4. Pointed to a display case with a pair of custom Munny's surrounding a small vinyl TV set that said, "Will you marry me?"
  5. Got down on one knee at the Kidrobot store and presented me with the diamond his father used to propose to his mother.
  6. Made me cry tears of joy as tourists snapped photos and the Kidrobot staff wrapped up the Munny's he had designed by an artist out of Vegas especially for the event.
  7. Took me to my favorite little arepa bar in the East Village.
  8. Surprised me by secretly inviting my Aunt and Uncle to join us and toast to our engagement.
  9. Took me to see my sister at her place of work for a late night dessert in Times Square.
  10. Ended the evening telling me that I had opened up his world, that I was his sparkle and that he loved me so much that he never wanted to let me go.

Our wedding will be a celebration of the city where we met, fell in love, and will live as newlyweds. We will be married September 26th in Old City, Philadelphia. Let the planning frenzy begin!!

See a photo essay of our engagement events here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails