Sunday, June 05, 2005

Introduction


One day I will tell my children that I lived before microwave ovens, VCR’s, computers, ATM’s, test tube babies, the internet and cable. I will remind them that my attitudes towards life were born from Donkey Kong Junior, threats of nuclear war, Jane Fonda work out videos, Kramer vs. Kramer, Late Night Videos featuring Duran Duran, Devo on my MTV, a crush on Michael Jackson, an affection for Strawberry Shortcake dolls and the theory that we don’t go to war with countries that have a McDonalds. While my children roll their eyes at their friends, I will recount the Twelve Step Frenzy, travel when you didn’t have to go through security, Europe before the Euro, violent Globalization protests, the Sex-In-the-City revolution, birth of the reality TV genre and blogging. Dear God help them. Because my life has been one giant pop culture casualty.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails